Nothing gets realer than these plays about hope, desperation, perseverance and humour in the strangest of places.
Theatre lovers looking for more from their scripts.
Timeline / Budget
4mth / $45k
• An enhanced ebook layered with rich multimedia content.
• Curated content builds an immersive experience: interactive audio grabs can play in the background while you're reading — helping readers appreciate this masterpiece on a whole new level.
• Detailed analysis offering insights on the themes and motifs explored in the worlds of Staging Asylum.
My Role: Digital Project Manager + Curator
This timely anthology offers a range of narratives and perspectives on asylum seekers. Unpacks immigration detention, border control, unauthorised asylum seekers and the right to belong.
• I curated and project managed the digital extension, otherwise known as an app.
• Building on the strength of the printed edition via purposeful and thoughtful content. Layered around the six plays. Weaving extra insight through each of them with every decision. Offering a deeper and more holistic understanding of the challenges asylum seekers and refugees face.
Results: I Brought Theatre Studies To Life
• Curated the digital extension of Staging Asylum: on stage, behind the scenes and in production.
• Enriched every reader's connection to the plays — on stage or off.
• Sourced, selected and oversaw production of all content and app design. Managing post-production of all featured audio and video, too.
• Extended the magic of theatre. What better way to complement theatre studies than by humanising scripts via sound and vision? I sourced, selected and oversaw production of all embedded content. Layering the mix of audio, imagery and video in ways that told their own story but never overshadowed others.