Floating Stone & Maasai Bead Necklace, Pumpkin Spice - Fair Trade Artisan Jewelry
+ Free shipping — carbon neutral
+ Available in continental USA only
+ Produced by folks paid fairly
+ This treasure = 3x the good
Handmade by Maasai women in Kenya, this illusion necklace features brightly colored stones with Maasai bead accents, creating the perfect summertime accessory! Each necklace is totally unique - so no two are exactly alike!
- Measures 18" - 20"
- Barrel clasp
Maasai beadwork embodies the whole of Maasai culture representing beauty, strength, tradition, warriorhood, social status and their deep love and devotion for their cattle. The age old artform is practiced by women of the village who learn from their mothers, who learned from their mothers. The women take small glass beads that are laid out on trays and string onto clear threading. From here the designs and beauty explode to create bracelets, earrings, and necklaces.
Did you know each color has a symbolic meaning for the tribe?
- Red stands for bravery, unity and blood. The red is for the slaughtered cow.
- White is for the peace, purity and health.
- Blue, signifies the energy and the sky. They believe that with the rainfall it is able to feed their cattle’s and provide proper infrastructure for them.
- Orange and Yellow reflect hospitality. Visitors are served cow’s milk from orange gourds.
- Green like the earth symbolizes health and land.
- Black represents the people and the struggles they endure.
All jewelry is crafted by women of the Maasai tribe in rural Kenya. Fair Trade.
Your Purchase Makes 3x Real-World Impacts:
1. Every treasure on our store is socially responsible — ethically produced by artists, makers, crafters and creators paid fair wages in safe and generous working environments.
2. Every treasure has local & sustainable giveback baked in through our partnership with Buy1Give1 — so your purchase directly impacts people's lives, helping communities across the world thrive.
3. Every treasure = 1 tree planted through our partnership with the Eden Reforestation Project — if you purchase 3 treasures, we plant 3 trees, because less isn't always more.
Everything we buy is a vote for the world we want to live in...