This lightweight scarf is made of pure Ethiopian cotton. It emulates the scarves and shawls most Ethiopian women wear on holidays and special occasions. The soft colors and airiness of these scarves make them perfect for spring and summer. Available in 3 colors!
- Material: 100% Cotton dyed using low-impact, AZO-free, REACH certified reactive dyes.
- Measurements: L 80" x W 22"
- Handmade with love in Ethiopia
- Care: Machine wash in cold water, hang dry and iron. Do not bleach.
- As with all handwoven textiles, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one-of-a-kind.
Sabahar is an Ethiopian company that produces uniquely designed, hand made cotton and silk textiles. In addition to scarves and shawls, Sabahar make table linens, cushions, throws and towels. Their products are entirely hand made in Ethiopia from natural fibers.
In practice, this is what being Fair Trade means for Sabahar:
• Sustainable income to more than 120 people.
• Employees earning about 250% more than the industry average for the work they do.
• Employees have permanent contracts and receive regular salaries every month.
• A 37.5 hour work week (vs. the average, legal 48 hour work week in Ethiopia).
• Employees receive pensions, paid vacation, maternity leave and medical coverage.
• Staff members who are interested in going to school get time off to do so.
• All employees attend regular and comprehensive training and capacity building.
• Fifty percent of Sabahar's staff is women, and about 75% of the management positions are held by women.
• Sabahar use only environmentally friendly dyes and have a water filtration system to minimize our environmental impact.
• The workshop is airy and light, with lots of space for the employees.
• Sabahar re-distribute a percentage of our profits each year in bonuses.
• Sabahar introduce their artisans to world-renowned fashion designers, business people and stylists so they can learn what is needed to succeed in the global market.