HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET FROM UGANDA
Introducing our newest size in the KAZI family, the medium round basket!
Looking for a tabletop accessory, wall art, or storage for keys and clutter on your entryway furniture? This round bowl was created with you in mind. You can also use this as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit.
The matte fibers and exquisite color of this woven home decor will satisfy the senses whenever you see with this high-quality basket. Each basket has a hand-stitched loop on the back so you can enjoy this ready-to-hang wall art.
- Approximately 10”D x 3” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all-natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one-of-a-kind piece takes a day to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all-natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature-controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and sweet grass. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their childrens' education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.
Discover Kazi Goods: Impact Artistry
At Kazi Goods, craftsmanship and ethics intertwine to create a tapestry of beauty and change. Let's dive into the heartwarming narrative of how Kazi Goods meticulously handcrafts their exceptional wall statement pieces. From sustainable practices to empowerment, this is a story that brings joy, sustainability, and lasting impact to your space.
Empowering Artisans, Transforming Lives
At the core of Kazi Goods is empowerment. Our African artisans nurture fibers right at their homes, fostering self-sufficiency in their craft. This isn't just about materials; it's about creating a brighter future for entire communities. As these artisans flourish, they share their success by providing opportunities for others. This ripple effect of empowerment is what fuels our mission.
From Nature to Elegance: Crafting the Journey
Creating a Kazi Goods piece is a journey of inspiration and skill. Their global design team collaborates closely with African artisans to conceive pieces that seamlessly fit modern homes. The true magic lies in the materials – raffia, elephant grass, and sisal, all harvested responsibly. Natural dyes bring these materials to life in vivid colors, harmonizing nature and creativity.
Artistry in Every Stitch: Weaving the Story
Each Kazi Goods piece is a testament to artistry and unwavering dedication. Artisans, often in groups or at home, embrace a time-honored weaving process. They meticulously shape fibers into patterns that narrate stories and carry forward tradition. The outcome? A piece that's not merely decorative, but deeply meaningful. It's a tribute to craftsmanship, heritage, and the sheer joy of creation.
Beauty, Ethics, Impact: Triple Commitment
Kazi Goods goes beyond aesthetics; it's about values. Their designs seamlessly blend tradition with contemporary aesthetics, bringing beauty to everyday life. Sustainability is the foundation – from responsible materials to clean energy practices. And the impact? It's profound. By ensuring artisans receive fair wages, Kazi empower communities by uplifting lives.