Ships in 1-4 days
This treasure plants a tree
This treasure gives back
HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET FROM UGANDA
Introducing our newest size in the KAZI family, the medium round basket!
Looking for a tabletop accessory, wall art, or storage for keys and clutter on your entryway furniture? This round bowl was created with you in mind. You can also use this as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit.
The matte fibers and exquisite color of this woven home decor will satisfy the senses whenever you see with this high quality basket. Each basket has a hand-stitched loop on the back so you can enjoy this ready to hang wall art.
- Approximately 10”D x 3” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one of a kind piece takes a day to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and sweet grass. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their childrens' education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.
Your Purchase Makes 3x Real-World Impacts:
1. Every treasure on our store is socially responsible — ethically produced by artists, makers, crafters and creators paid fair wages in safe and generous working environments.
2. Every treasure has local & sustainable giveback baked in through our partnership with Buy1Give1 — so your purchase directly impacts people's lives, helping communities across the world thrive.
3. Every treasure = 1 tree planted through our partnership with the Eden Reforestation Project — if you purchase 3 treasures, we plant 3 trees, because less isn't always more.
Everything we buy is a vote for the world we want to live in...
Thousands of treasures await...
We have thousands of treasures for your pleasure. A bazaar's worth of homewares from handcrafted art decor to non-toxic kitchenware, decorative metal wall art + indoor / outdoor chameleons. And more... so much more. See what happy customers are saying about our treasure chest.
With so many treasures to choose from, how do you find your perfect treasure? Whether it's a gift for yourself, a loved one, your work wife or future husband, we can help you find treasure for whoever, whenever and (pretty much) however you like...
Send us a message to get started...
Treasure hunting! Wait. What? Well, we're making shopping kinder. Helping you gain peace of mind your money's being kind. Us, too! Meaning every treasure you invite home does 3 good deeds before it even arrives...
We're online only — delivering globally. It keeps our overheads lower, which is boring talk for getting more of what you really want — artisan treasures at fairer prices.
Everything we buy is a vote for the world we want to live in. So a lot can change by changing how we shop.
Orders + Shipping
Free shipping to the USA, UK, select EU nations and AUS + NZ. Shipping to the rest of the world is based on carrier rates. Check our orders and shipping page for details.
Sent carbon neutral at no extra charge.
Gain peace of mind your money's being kind.
+ Tracking included for all orders, so you can watch your treasure from A to B to your front door.
We work with dozens of suppliers around the globe. These are the average times between placing an order & delivery to your doorstep...
Order Processing: 1-4 days
Shipping To Your Region:
• North America: 2-5 business days
• Europe: 3-5 business days
• Australia + NZ: 3-8 business days
• Rest of the world: 2-4 weeks
Every order tracked: Automatic tracking is included for all orders, so you can watch your treasure from A to B to your front door.
Separate shipments: Items in the same order may arrive in separate packages for safety and quality assurance.
Of course. And we get it... sometimes, what arrives isn't how you'd imagined it. So we gladly accept returns and exchanges, because changes of heart are part of life. But we can't pay for return shipping for changes of heart. If we did we'd have to raise our prices, and we're all about artisan treasure at fair prices, fair trade and fair profit. Learn more about our step-by-step returns process.