The Importance of Sustainable Dinnerware and Cookware: How Tuxton Home is Leading the Way
Tuxton Home employs sustainability initiatives at every stage of their production process. Reducing impact on the environment through mindful manufacturing processes, but also actively working to restore the global ecosystem. Let's take a closer look at Tuxton Home's sustainability vision and the initiatives they have in place to achieve it.
During the manufacturing process, Tuxton rigorously control their stainless steel sources to maintain a steady material consistency. This allows them to confidently ascertain the purity of their material compositions during the recycling process.
In many ways, durability is sustainability. And Tuxton make restaurant-grade ceramics for everyday, which can endure and shine for many years with proper care. On top of their long-lasting qualities, Tuxton Home also mixes a specially designed clay formulation in-house. That allows them to recycle mis-formed or excess clay at every step in their manufacturing process. Adding it back into the original raw materials mixture for reuse in future plates, bowls, mugs, ramekins or bakeware. Tuxton Home regularly use a percentage of recycled clay for every new item made, reducing their waste and conserving resources.
Product Design and Manufacture
Tuxton Home pays attention to detail in designing their products. Ensuring they are easy to use when unboxing, cleaning, or cooking. Designing products to address concerns with solutions - for example, easy stacking for storage, a high-gloss finish for easy cleaning, or recyclable packaging to reduce waste. These small details ensure a well-functioning and easy-to-care-for product that reduces energy, water, and waste throughout its entire life cycle.
Non-Toxic, Durable, Long Lasting
All Tuxton Home products are 100% BPA, PFOA, PTFE, and lead-free, making them safe for everyday use with food. They are also dishwasher and oven safe, and their ceramics are microwave safe as well.
Energy Conservation Initiatives
One of the key aspects of Tuxton Home's sustainability vision is energy conservation. Tuxton have put several initiatives in place to reduce their energy consumption and minimize their impact on the environment:
• A well planned natural ventilation and daylight system at their manufacturing facilities and warehouses helps maximize the use of natural light and fresh air, reducing the need for artificial lighting and air conditioning.
• Capturing residual heat from Tuxton kilns to reuse in their production process reduces energy consumption further.
• Using the latest energy-saving solutions on their office equipment reduces energy consumption further still.
• A water recycling system helps Tuxton Home conserve water by reusing it in their production process.
• A dust treatment system ensures dust and particles are captured and properly disposed of, reducing air pollution in Tuxton Home facilities and the local community in Walnut, California where Tuxton calls home.
• Tuxton Home runs on natural gas, which is a cleaner and more efficient alternative to other fossil fuels.
• Tuxton participate in the Southern California Edison Demand Response Program to reduce electricity usage during periods of peak demand.
• Finally, Tuxton implemented a print-less initiative as far back as 2002 to reduce printing and paper waste.
Tuxton Home's sustainability vision involves being an active part of the solution to restore the global ecosystem and reduce their impact on the local environment. Tuxton have put several initiatives in place to achieve this, including energy conservation, stainless steel recycling, and ceramics recycling.
Tuxton Home's attention to detail in product design ensures their products are easy to use and care for, while also reducing energy, water, and waste throughout their life cycle. Tuxton believe sustainability is a critical issue and they're committed to doing their part to make a difference.